Component Engineer (Engineering Design 4) - Northrop Grumman Corporation (McClellan, California)
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 12:25 PM
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector where technology and teamwork come together supporting mission critical equipment for global security is seeking a Component Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within Reliability Engineering. This position will be located in McClellan (Sacramento), CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman Corporation Mission Systems Sector supporting the various sensors installed on the Manned and UAV aircraft that deploy worldwide.
Component Engineering provides support to customers, management, production, design engineering, reliability engineering, and sustainment using technology and tools for providing component selection and guidance support to the customer and works with new designs for product longevity to meet long term supportability.
- Ensures Component Engineering tasking is completed on time, delivered to customers, data is accurately produced and represented and within-budget.
- Prepares and delivers component engineering products while adhering to NGMS processes, procedures, and using SD-22 and other standards for the correct quality, longevity, and reliability of product.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts technical component testing and evaluations of selected devices for application use.
- As necessary, proposes changes in design or component selection to improve system and/or reliability.
- Support FRB and FRACAS activities for RCCA’s to closure.
- Prepares materials for and supports the various programs and technical meetings.
- Supports and maintains the integrity of the NGMS Specialty Engineering team while supporting customer requirements.
- Drive and support counterfeit parts prevention as derived from SD-22, SAE-5553, and DFARS requirements.
- Reviews field support requirements and recommends solutions and replacements for DMSMS items for electrical components, mechanical items, COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) items, and cable & wire harness items.
- Develop approved components for design ensuring life cycle status and reliability ratings meet current and anticipated environmental needs. Help develop and maintain components library.
- Coordinate with other NGC business units on DMSMS items and GIDEP (Government Industry Data Exchange Program) alerts. Analysis of PCN’s from manufacturers for impact to current fielded designs. Provide formal reports on obsolescence and environmental solutions for electronic components including DMSMS (Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages) Management.
- Analyze contractual commitments, customer specifications, design changes, and other data to plan and develop component engineering program activities from conceptual stage through life-cycle of product.
- Authorizes and initiates CNs written against component and various specifications. Provides input to APL (Approved Parts List) and AVL (Approved Vendor Lists).
- Recommends and assists in selecting sources of supply and alternate sources of supply.
- Member of ERB (Engineering Review Board), CCB (Change Control Board), MRB (Material Review Board), and FRB (Failure Review Board).
- Perform fault analysis of components. Develop test plans, qualification plans, and conduct testing for new components and alternate components.
- Reviews all requests for new components to assure that a current part can satisfy the requirements. Assists design engineers in selections of parts that best fit their applications.
- Provide support to design personnel regarding cost, availability, and technical advantages of various component choices. Provide input to new designs to improve product reliability.
- Ensure all existing and new internal part numbers and descriptions are correct and crossed with manufacturers’ part numbers.
- Experience in electronic and mechanical component analysis and selection. Good attention to detail and ability to work multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Must have good oral and written communications skills and have the ability to work with little direct supervision being self-motivated and self-starting.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17022692&lang=en
• Location: McClellan, Sacramento
• Post ID: 20076657 sacramento