Are you passionate about computer graphics and disrupt the industry with your innovation? Working with leading Engineers on Intel's latest GPU/CPU architecture? Do you love collaborating with a diverse teams to help achieve Best–In-Class visual experiences that enable uses to immerse themselves in a new visual future? If so then our Visual and Parallel Computing Group (VPG) has opportunities for you. In VPG we deliver Intel's 3D graphics, media, display GPU, and Parallel Computing Technology.
The Hardware Engineering team is within VPG and we are responsible for the 3D, media, compute & display HW design, development, micro-architecture & validation of current and future processor graphics engines of client platforms desktop and mobile, servers and low power devices serving consumer and corporate businesses. In this position, you will be responsible for performance, quality, and power analysis for the latest media technologies including major APIs, SDKs, video codecs, and imaging features. You will be part of a technical team responsible for characterization of future Processor Graphics products.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work on GPU and platform power and performance analysis, identification and analysis of system performance bottlenecks, development of characterization tools and methodology, and quantification of performance/power tradeoffs.
- Focus on bridging media architecture expectation, design target, and early silicon development working across different teams in silicon enabling and discrepancy resolution.
- Work closely with graphics architecture, hardware, and software development teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 2+ years of relevant experience. A Master's degree is preferred with 0+ years of experience
- Familiar with video codec standards OR Graphics architecture and hardware development experience
- Prior experience with performance analysis and benchmarking
- Experience with automation/programming/scripting languages like C/C++, Perl, Python.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in design, validation, or software and driver development
- Expertise in video codecs H264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP8, VP9 etc
- Expertise in video/imaging pre/post processing algorithm
- Experience in power management scheme, SoC level understanding
- Familiarity with subjective and objective visual quality assessment methodology and metrics
- Familiarity with industry video codec tools such as ffmpeg, handbrake, x264, x265, etc.
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1539560/Graphics-Media-Performance-Engineer/
• Post ID: 22398242 sacramento