Microelectronic Quality Reliability Engineers provide project management, product, process design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor assemblies, various other electronic components, sub systems and/or completed units. Responsible for physical understanding, model prediction and enhancement of quality & reliability for advanced products, transistor, interconnect, assembly/package and testing process. Defines Si/assembly/package qualification requirement and responsible for product qualification or technology certification. Defines/develops and conducts stress tests, DFX requirements and research on individual technology components as well as integrated circuit/products. Develop cost effective production monitoring and screening schemes to ensure process is stable and products meet committed quality & reliability performance.
In this position, you will be working as a member of the Non-Volatile Memory NVM Solutions Group's NSG's Technology Development Quality and Reliability team, helping to develop Intel's new emerging NVM technologies such as 3D XPointTM and SSD products, focusing on NVM reliability. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to: Determining reliability requirements and technology targets of components and systems to achieve company, customer and other reliability objectives. Designing and executing experiments to identify, segment, characterize and model NVM reliability mechanisms. Developing empirical and physics-based predictive reliability modeling methods and tools for reliability risk assessments.
Developing new acceleration techniques, test methods and analytical tools to provide fast and effective feedback for reliability process optimization. Influencing design, process, product, test and/or system solutions in order to enable aggressive scaling of Intel's NVM technologies and exploration of novel memory cells. Developing the appropriate process- and product-qualification stress methods and criteria. You may be expected to lead small cross-functional and cross-company groups of engineers on multi-disciplinary technical projects to solve complex reliability issues- such as, during technology development and ramp to high-volume manufacturing.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability for systematic analytical problem solving.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in solving technical problems.
- Affinity for cross -disciplinary work.
- Demonstrated attention to details and quality of the work.
- Demonstrated persistence and commitment to task.
- Ability to communicate achieved results and to influence wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership to assume the authority and advocate for new ideas.
- Ability to work in a team setting with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Ability to understand the high level picture and apply systems thinking to generate solutions.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- The candidate must be pursuing a Masters or PhD of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or Information Systems.
6+ months of experience in the following areas:
- Semiconductor device physics, materials science, probability and statistics, circuit design, semiconductor processing, and quantum physics.
- C or C++, PERL or Python.
6+ months of experience in the following areas:
- Non-volatile memories, especially product or reliability.
- Analytical lab test equipment such as Logic analyzer/oscilloscopes, semiconductor parametric analyzer CV-IV, memory testers, SEM/TEM/IREM.
- Reliability failure statistics, physics, or failure mechanisms.
- CMOS transistor level circuit design, semiconductor device physics, and memory reliability, interconnect reliability, computer or digital systems, or board level design.
- Statistical analysis packages e.g. R, JMP or Minitab.
- Computer programming for testing, preferably of memories and data acquisition, reduction and analysis.
- Semiconductor fabrication process, packaging assembly, and/or board system technology operation.
- Hands-on experimental design, execution, analysis, interpretation and synthesis.
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1533257/NVM-Reliability-R-amp;D-Engineer/
• Post ID: 22398252 sacramento