The Home Health Program offers the opportunity for patients to receive skilled medical care in the comfort of their home. Members of the Home Health care team work collaboratively with physicians to provide the highest level of patient-centered care. The goal of the Home Health program is to provide patients with the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve maximum functioning and independence at home. Home health serves approximately 650 patients per year and maintains high patient satisfaction in all areas.
The Home Health Evening/Weekend Revisit Nurse coordinates patient and family care for a diversified patient population. Assessments include but are not limited to gathering pertinent data related to care, evaluating patient care outcomes and/or progress toward patient and family goals of care. May be expected to manage patients exhibiting more complex problems with specialized needs and less desirable outcomes under the direction of the clinical supervisor. May be required to participate in utilization review, quality assessment and performance improvement activities and policy development related to patient care. May precept medical and nursing students. Demonstrates accountability for own practices as defined by the Nurse Practice Act. Demonstrates investment in improving the overall quality of care. May be required to provide vacation coverage and manage a caseload of patients. In the absence of the After Hours/Weekend Supervisor, will be required to act as relief charge.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: REQUIRED
- At least one year RN experience
- External Candidate - BSN required
- Per Diem to Career - BSN required or in progress
- Possession of valid California RN license
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Passing of UCDMC Performance Demonstration, Policy Review and Medication Exam.
- CPR Certification
- Home Health and/or Hospice RN experience
- Experience in home visits and telephone triage
- PHN preferred
- EPIC EMR experience
- Ability to travel to patients home; valid CA Driver's license; participate in DMV pull notice system
- Ability to safely lift 25 pounds and assist in moving patients, and to stand on feet over extended periods
- Works evenings, on-call, weekends, holidays and overtime
- THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
UC Davis Health offers exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
Associated topics: ambulatory, ccu, coronary, maternal, neonatal, nurse, nurse clinical, psychatric, staff nurse, unit
• Post ID: 20015982 sacramento