Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:14 AM
American River College
Kinesiology and Athletics Assistant Professor/Assistant Football Coach
Job Posting Number: F00328P
Salary: $46,470 to $77,043 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master's degree may start at a salary lower than posted above.
Closing Date: 03/12/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6455
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching/coaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Under the direction of the Dean of Kinesiology and Athletics, the Kinesiology and Athletics Assistant Professor will serve as the Assistant Coach of the intercollegiate football team and will also be responsible for teaching classes within the core curriculum of the Kinesiology and Athletics Division. Courses may include: activity, adapted physical education, fitness, health education, kinesiology, recreation, and/or dance. Serving on campus committees and developing curriculum is expected.
Applicants applying to this position may also be interested in applying to the following positions:
● Kinesiology, Health, and Athletics Assistant Professor/Head Women’s Softball Coach at Folsom Lake College, Posting #F00329P
● Kinesiology, Health, and Athletics Assistant Professor/Head Women’s Basketball Coach at American River College, Posting #F00284P
Coaching responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Recruiting student-athletes
● Supervising student-athletes
● Assisting with the monitoring of student-athlete academic progress and eligibility
● Creating/assisting with year round strength training and or training for competition
● Preparing budgets and fundraising
● Evaluating and maintaining equipment and supplies
● Coordinating team travel arrangements
● Assisting with selecting and supervising assistant coaches
● Conducting the football program under the rules and regulations of the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) and the Northern California Football Conference (NCFC), National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
● Assisting with all coaching responsibilities consistent with direction determined by the head football coach
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend classes, and/or off campus classes.
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 23, 2018, in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Exercise Science, Education with an emphasis in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Physiology of Exercise, or Adaptive Physical Education; OR, have a bachelor’s degree in any of the above, AND have a master’s degree in any Life Science, Dance, Physiology, Health Education, Recreation Administration, or Physical Therapy; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. One year of professional experience directly related to the coaching assignment.
3. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
• Location: Sacramento, Sacramento, CA
• Post ID: 21837187 sacramento