Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:16 AM
American River College
Computer Information Science (Programming) Assistant Professor
Job Posting Number: F00327P
Salary: $46,470 to $77,043 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master's degree may start at a salary lower than posted above.
Closing Date: 03/12/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6457
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The department maintains a focus on:
• Student success, both in the classroom and in each student’s long term goals.
• Outreach to the community, with employers, and other educational institutions.
• Partnerships with other campus departments and programs.
• Continuous program improvement and faculty professional development.
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching a wide variety of courses, in both a lecture and laboratory environment, in:
• Algorithm design
• Assembly language programming
• Data structures
• Database programming on operating system platforms including Microsoft Windows and UNIX/Linux, as well as mobile platforms.
• Procedural and object oriented programming in C++
• Visual Basic
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 23, 2018, in Computer Science or Computer Engineering; OR, have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, AND have a master’s degree in Mathematics, Cybernetics, Business Administration, Accounting or Engineering; OR, have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, AND have a master’s degree in Cybernetics, Engineering, Mathematics, or Business Administration; OR, have a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, AND have a master’s degree in Cybernetics, Engineering, Mathematics, or Business Administration; OR have a bachelor’s degree in any of the above, AND have a master’s degree in Information Science, Computer Information Systems, or Information Systems; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
• Location: Sacramento, Sacramento, CA
• Post ID: 21837262 sacramento