Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:47 AM
American River College
Chemistry Assistant Professor
Job Posting Number: F00307P
Salary: $46,470 to $77,043 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master's degree may start at a salary lower than posted above.
Closing Date: 03/09/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/5991
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
We are committed to improving our existing high standards of chemical education by offering course materials which are contemporary and reflect the current knowledge and research in chemistry, and provide opportunities for students to work with computers and contemporary chemical instrumentation; and by sharing and discussing with one another materials, ideas, and teaching methodologies gained through personal study, projects, seminars, and sabbaticals.
The department maintains a focus on:
● Creating a dynamic, empowering environment, accessible to all, which fosters intellectual growth, curiosity, creativity, and the joy of learning.
● Respecting the innate dignity of every individual.
● Providing an atmosphere that encourages one to take risks and learn from both successful and less successful adventures.
● Promoting an awareness of and appreciation for the value and inter-relatedness of all life.
● Encouraging us to laugh, share, and care with/for one another.
Applicants applying to this position may also be interested in applying to the Chemistry Assistant Professor position at Sacramento City College, posting #F00311P.
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching courses in all levels of Chemistry offered at the college in:
● Chemistry 305 (introduces health science students to the basics of general chemistry)
● Chemistry 310 (a chemical calculations course to prepare students for the general chemistry curriculum)
● Chemistry 400 and 401 (two-semester general chemistry sequence)
All courses include appropriate laboratory work. Student enrollment patterns may result in a modification of the original assignment.
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 23, 2018, in Chemistry; OR, have a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry, AND have a master’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Physics, Physics, Molecular Biology, or Geochemistry; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
• Location: Sacramento, Sacramento, CA
• Post ID: 21836972 sacramento