Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:34 AM
American River College
Biology (Non-Majors) Assistant Professor
Job Posting Number: F00325P
Salary: $46,470 to $77,043 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master's degree may start at a salary lower than posted above.
Closing Date: 03/13/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6437
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Our biology department maintains a focus on excellence in teaching lower division students. Our students are the reason we are here. We have an excellent reputation in the community and within the community college system. We seek teachers who share our passion for teaching. Our department works together as a supportive team and family. Our courses average 25-30 students per section, allowing instructors to work closely with students. We constantly strive to improve the quality of our instruction. We are eager to add student-centered faculty members who are dedicated to biology and education.
The department maintains a focus on:
● Innovative methods of instruction
● Student centered learning
● Knowledge and use of modern laboratory equipment and practices
● Sharing the work/tasks of the department
● Initiating efforts on behalf of the department
● Meeting the needs of all students, all departments, and all components of our college
Applicants applying for this position may also be interested in applying to the following positions:
● Biology (Anatomy and Physiology) Assistant Professor at Sacramento City College, posting #F00312P
● Biology (Biotechnology) Assistant Professor at American River College, posting #F00306P
● Biology (Microbiology) Assistant Professor at American River College, posting #F00300P
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching courses in:
● Non-majors biology courses
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 23, 2018, in any Biological Science; OR, have a bachelor’s degree in any Biological Science, AND have a master’s degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, or Marine Science; OR hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR the equivalent.*
2. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
• Location: Sacramento, Sacramento, CA
• Post ID: 21837572 sacramento