Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:46 AM
Sacramento City College
Biology (Anatomy & Physiology) Assistant Professor
Job Posting Number: F00312P
Salary: $46,470 to $77,043 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master's degree may start at a salary lower than posted above.
Closing Date: 03/09/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/5719
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The department maintains a focus on:
● Educating a diverse population of students.
● Fostering an intellectual environment that promotes dialogue and innovation in support of student success.
● The importance of critical thinking and life-long learning as both a professional commitment and essential outcome for our students.
● Non-traditional scheduling of classes to enhance accessibility.
● Offering courses in varying modalities.
● Offering a curriculum with learning opportunities that meet current professional standards of excellence.
Applicants applying to this position may also be interested in applying to the following positions:
● Biology (Microbiology) Assistant Professor at American River College, Posting #F00300P ● Biology (Biotechnology) Assistant Professor at American River College, Posting #F00306P ● Biology (Non-Majors) Assistant Professor at American River College, Posting #F00325P
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching courses in all levels offered at the college in:
● Anatomy and Physiology for pre-allied health majors
● Animal Biology
● Cell and Molecular Biology
● Contemporary Biology
● Dinosaurs and the Science of Life
● Environmental Biology
● Environmental Regulations
● Field Botany
● Field Methods in Ecology
● Field Study
● Marine Environment
● Natural History
● Natural History of Insects
● Plant Biology
● Restoration Ecology
● The New Plagues
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
● Using computers and instrumentation in the classroom.
● Working with stockroom personnel to ensure that laboratories associated with the courses run safely, smoothly and effectively.
● Maintaining required office hours.
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 23, 2018, in any Biological Science; OR, have a bachelor’s degree in any Biological Science, AND have a master’s degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, or Marine Science; OR hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR the equivalent.*
2. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
• Location: Sacramento, Sacramento, CA
• Post ID: 21837692 sacramento