- Conducts analysis, interpretation, and assessment of hardware architectural specifications defining feature requirements for 3D Graphics blocks.
- Defines and develops microarchitecture specifications, logic designs, and HDL code for 3D Graphics blocks.
- Designs implementations that meet functional and performance requirements, physical/structural design constraints timing, area, power, as well as proprietary design rules and other quality criteria.
- Defines and develops test plans, verification environments, validation components bus functional models, trackers, checkers, scoreboards, test benches, etc., functional coverage points, assertions, random and directed tests, random test constraints, etc. to validate 3D Graphics blocks at various levels of integration.
- Integrates and maintains of HDL models and verification environments for simulation and ASIC logic synthesis.
- Executes and debugs hardware simulations achievement of functional test coverage objectives.
- Identifies and closure of design and environment defects, including bug fixes requiring manual ECOs gate-level netlist edits.
- Characterizes and analyses of performance and power results implementation of corresponding design modifications and optimizations as required to achieve power and performance targets.
- Executions of ASIC logic synthesis flows implementation of corresponding design modifications and optimizations as needed to achieve timing and area objectives.
- Debugs of graphics hardware in emulation and/or silicon hardware environments working with synthetic low-level tests as well as with stimulus from real-world applications and benchmarks and the graphics driver.
- BS Degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, or other related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's Degree, or 2+ years with Masters
- Working knowledge of computer architecture/organization fundamentals
- Knowledge of programming in languages such as: C/C++ or Python; Scripting in programming languages such as Perl
- Prior experience with logic design implementation and verification using (coding in) hardware description (HDL/RTL) and verification languages such as Verilog or System Verilog; applying good coding style
- Familiarity with definition and development/implementation of verification (simulation) environments, validation components, and tests
- Prior experience with usage/execution of logic simulation tools and environments; familiarity with broader ASIC development flows; hardware/hardware model debug
- Experience with Unix and/OR Windows OS usage
- Familiarity with 3D Graphics architecture concepts, APIs, and standards - e.g., Direct3D, OpenGL; media/video codec standards; implementation of vector-based DSP/SIMD algorithms; Intel CPU architecture
- Knowledge of Coverage-based validation concepts and application - functional coverage points, assertions, random and directed tests, random test constraints, etc. using System Verilog or similar verification languages/tools; UVM/OVM verification methods
- Experience with Synopsys ASIC design tools - VCS simulator, Verdi, Design Compiler, IC Compiler
- Familiarity with formal verification methods - formal property verification (e.g., Jasper), high-level/algorithmic formal equivalence checking (e.g., HECTOR)
- Familiarity with digital hardware emulation and hardware debug tools - emulators, logic analyzers, etc.
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1508262/Sr.-Graphics-Hardware-Verification-Engineer/
• Post ID: 21870432 sacramento