Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 10:18 AM
Los Rios Community College District
Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst II
Job Posting Number: C00485P
Salary: $7,825.91 per month
Closing Date: 2/13/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6112
Be part of an Informational Technology Department that implements and maintains a world class, leading edge Student Information System, HR & Financial system in PeopleSoft.
The primary focus of this position is implementing and maintaining an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Student Administration system concentrating on the financial aid module and financial aid processes and associated state and federal regulations.
This position supports the maintenance of the District’s Financial Aid system, PeopleSoft. This position is tasked with supporting the processing of student financial aid applications, awarding processes, disbursement processes and reconciliation processes; facilitating the integration of various federal, state, and institutional systems and processes to streamline the delivery of aid to students. This position works closely with college and district staff to resolve IT issues related to the financial aid process in support of student success.
In addition to competitive salaries, the Los Rios Community College District offers very comprehensive employee benefits packages to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments. Employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details).
The Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst II is an experienced Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I, or equivalent who has primary responsibility for business and/or technical analysis across several major systems and applications, and with complex integration responsibilities. The Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst II is distinguished from the Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I by the amount of leadership exercised and the complexity and scope of work performed, and the exercise of significant autonomy in research and development of solution options. Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst II operates with moderate oversight. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Information Technology department, at 2100 Northrop, Sacramento, CA 95825.
Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst II: In addition to the typical duties of Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I;
Operations (including security, performance, problem resolution, and budgets):
● Maintains or administers software, across multiple major systems: different Operating Systems, different applications, integration between systems, etc.
● Provides business analyst and/or technical analyst support for system applications across functional domains (examples of functional domains include but not limited to: HR, Financial and Campus Solutions/Student Administration) and across multiple technical platforms.
● Maintains and monitors performance, capacity, and availability of organization-wide business applications.
● Researches and develops non-standard or custom configuration/setup or system modifications to meet business requirements.
● Coordinates with Senior Information Technology Analysts on server updates.
● Performs major upgrades of software for development and production servers and software.
● Recommends changes for future consideration to improve application functionality, security, performance, capacity, and cost benefit.
● Designs, codes, tests, and implements complex pages/panels and complex programs; creates timelines and documentation as needed.
● Provides/develops technical documentation for existing and delivered system applications across functional domains and across multiple technical platforms.
● Performs project planning and management for large-sized projects and software upgrades.
Organizational Support and Leadership:
● Assists and provides coverage for other Information Technology staff, sometimes in either technical or functional roles.
● Leads cross-functional business process re-engineering teams and continuous improvement efforts.
● Recommends changes to system architectures, policies, and procedures.
● Plans, designs, and, implements additions, replacements, upgrades, or retirement of computer, network, database management or application systems.
● Performs related duties as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, management information systems, engineering or closely related field and four years’ experience directly related to the job duties; OR, a Bachelor’s degree and two years in class of Information Technology Analyst I ; OR, a Bachelor’s degree and six years’ experience directly related to the job duties.
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
• Location: Sacramento, Sacramento, CA
• Post ID: 21944487 sacramento