Job responsibilities are focused on customer platform thermal design integration. This relies upon a broad set of skills to thermally demonstrate or provide solutions to ensure the SSD thermal integration to specific platforms is successful. Tasks in this role include platform thermal test and characterization, understanding of customer requirements, benchmarking SSD thermal performance in key customer platforms, and responding to customer thermal issues with solutions that are HVM capable. Solutions may require developing thermal/mechanical concepts, fabricating and assembling prototypes, characterizing and comparing pre/post performance results, and demonstration of thermal sufficiency to specific platform requirements. You will be using an advanced thermal lab and equipment to characterize capabilities, build prototypes, document results, internalize the product thermal ecosystem and contribute to future product improvements. This position requires well rounded knowledge in mechanical design, thermal analysis, thermal theory, manufacturing intuition, complex equipment understanding, and significant previous hands on experience and familiarity with SSD thermal design. If you thrive on solving tough problems, conceiving and expeditiously fabricating prototype solutions, demonstrating results, documenting processes for repeat-ability, then this is a position we would like you to consider.
Candidate should possess a Bachelor of Science degree with at least 2 years full time experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 1 Years of experience in operating specific lab equipment currently in use including data acquisition instruments, wind tunnels, thermal chambers.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in CNC machining including tool path generation and physical setup of machines and parts.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in physical instrumentation of electronic devices for thermal characterization
- Minimum of 1 years of experience specifically with NSG solid state drive products, in thermal characterization.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in thermal characterization analysis.
- Minimum of 1 years of industry experience in Linux and Windows based enterprise platform operation.
- Moderate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Moderate knowledge of heat transfer fundamentals
- Capability to setup and configure enterprise platforms.
- Experience in Test Plan strategy and detailed test instruction documentation.
- Ability to clearly and efficiently document procedures and results
- Solid modeling with Pro/Engineer or Solid Works
- Ability to fabricate parts to print with conventional machining methods.
- Able to configure enterprise and client platform for thermal test.
- Familiarity / competence in setup of data acquisition instruments.
- Ability to apply GD&T methods.
- Demonstrated hands on self-starter
Employees in Intel's NVM Solutions Group deliver solutions that are transforming computing across all segments from data centers to Ultrabooks. They invent, develop, bring to market and support customers with leading-edge NAND flash memory and system level solutions such as solid state drives (SSDs). SSDs are accelerating performance for gaming enthusiasts, reducing total cost of ownership for IT managers of data centers and improving security and reliability for businesses. This dynamic group is strategically positioned to become the leading Non-Volatile Memory solution supplier for the compute segment and is a key to expanding markets and continuing the growth for Intel.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1416194/Customer-Platform-Thermal-Design-Engineer/
• Post ID: 20102527 sacramento