Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2016 2:40 PM
American River College
Financial Aid Officer
Job Posting Number: 0002386
Salary: $4,417.80 per month
Closing Date: 01-06-2017
Complete job description and application available online at: www.losrios.edu
Under direction of assigned administrator, administers federal and state student financial assistance including: grants, loans, scholarships, Federal Work-Study, and consortium agreements. Conducts entrance and exit loan advising sessions. Employs extensive knowledge and understanding of financial aid programs and regulations. Operates a number of computer application software packages including those designed specifically for processing financial aid. Acts as lead to Financial Aid Office staff. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employee's Association (White Collar) posting click on the "Job Description" link on the left side of your screen, then click on "Los Rios Classified Employee's Association (White Collar) Job Descriptions".]
Additional Position Summary: The Financial Aid Officer reports directly to the Financial Aid Supervisor, and works in the Financial Aid Office of the Student Services building.
● Maintains awareness of current trends and legislative activity having financial aid impact.
● Interprets and implements federal rules and regulations required for student aid; and identifies and allocates available resources.
● Conducts individual and group entrance and exit loan counseling sessions and informational workshops.
● Explains financial aid policies, procedures, and regulations to enrolled and prospective students; and conducts interviews and advises students seeking financial aid.
● Assesses students' and prospective students' financial needs; performs needs analyses, using College Scholarship Service or other applicable system.
● Enters selection criteria into the financial aid computer system.
● Determines students' eligibility for financial aid.
● Reviews and completes Stafford Student Loan applications.
● Processes student applications using a computerized financial aid system; and coordinates and packages financial aid for applicants.
● Reviews and determines student eligibility for appeals, consortium requests, special circumstances, and dependency override requests.
● Conducts review of aid packages for satisfactory progress for continued eligibility; and monitors compliance with financial award conditions.
● Conducts individual advising sessions regarding debt management.
● Administers federal and state student assistance grants, scholarships, and consortium agreements; and completes Bureau of Indian Affairs applications.
● Operates a variety of internal systems including student administration software, document imaging, and Microsoft Office applications; and operates a variety of financial aid related computer programs including EDConnect, National Student Loan Data System, Return of Title Four program, Webgrants, and PCFAPS.
● Maintains record keeping and data management systems.
● Analyzes data and creates and generates reports from existing database using a computerized financial aid system to determine awards.
● Coordinates the scholarship program with donors and recipients.
● Develops written materials, brochures, and flyers to publicize financial aid programs and services.
● Expands outreach efforts to diverse populations and supports recruitment objectives by working with Outreach Center, Admissions, and public interest agencies.
● Performs related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience in a financial aid office, or performing related financial aid tasks, or in a position of equivalent responsibilities; or three years of experience in a social service agency, preferably including work with disadvantaged clients.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business, psychology, social service or related fields. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for two years of the required education on a year-for-year basis.)
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 12 units are equal to six months of education; 24 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
• Location: Sacramento, Sacramento, CA
• Post ID: 13077635 sacramento